Free Ham-It-Up Case Giveaway!

All things amateur radio including Software Defined Radio.
vk3dee

Re: Free Ham-It-Up Case Giveaway!

Post by vk3dee »

Hi Eric,

I have a Realtek E4000 SDR dongle which I use with a noelec up converter. I like to scan all the frequencies and see what is about and enjoy the frequency range expansion of my dongle to include HF ham frequencies.

I have also been looking at options to install the up converter into a case. So I have bought a generic plastic case from the local hobby shop and am in the process of engineering it for the purpose of housing the dongle and the up converter.

As a side issue, what sort of 3d printer do you have? Would you like to share a video regarding 3d printing?
I'd like to look at getting one some day but would like to learn a bit more about them before making any decisions.

Regards
Mark Brandwood - VK3DEE
Jeffzilla

Post by Jeffzilla »

Hey, I'd love to snag a case for the upconverter board! Last year I got to deploy with the United States Antarctic Program to the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station. While on station I had the opportunity to man the HF radio booth there at the station, talking to people from around the world on 20m and 40m from callsign KC4AAA. Now that I'm off the ice, I'd love to start building up my own radio chops to receive their transmission, and someday talk back to them. So, how about a case for my board!

Here's the details of my time talking on KC4AAA - http://jeffreydonenfeld.com/blog/2013/0 ... outh-pole/

And here's all of my time at the south pole: http://jeffreydonenfeld.com/antarctica

Cheers!

-Jeffrey
gtd5_grump

Post by gtd5_grump »

I love using my Ham-It-Up upconverter for chasing utility stations. Being able to view a chunk of spectrum has been an amazing experience. Mounting my upconverter in a case would make it all perfect.

Greg
jrwebb56

Post by jrwebb56 »

Please enter my name for your case give-away. Being an Engineer, I use rtl-sdr as as cheap way to understand how SDR is done. The ham-it up comes in handy for monitoring the bands used in CAP.

Jim
KD5DLJ

Post by KD5DLJ »

HI Eric,
I enjoy watching your videos about RTL-SDR. I have had mine for a month or so now and am having a ball with it.
Just bought a Radio Shack Discone antenna which improved reception immensely. I have the NooElec ham-it-up board, too, so am receiving shortwave and ham signals.
One of the my favorite things to receive is the 14.070 portion of the 20 meter band with fldigi software for decoding. At the present time I have the ham-it-up converter mounted in a metal eyeglass case.
The 3D printed case that you have is perfect and I would love to get one in your giveaway.
Keep up the great videos on RTL-SDR. It is helping to grow this new hobby.

Denny Johnson
KD5DLJ
packetgeek

Post by packetgeek »

I'm interested in entering the drawing for the HamItUp case. I have a HUI on order.

As for the SDR, I'm currently attempting to use an EZCAP dongle to reverse engineer the data transmission from a very low end weathers station (from Walmart). A number of other people have done this and it piqued my interest:
I'm looking forward to having the HUI for listening in on the SW bands.

- Tim (KJ4TJW)
havronl

Post by havronl »

Keep up the good work... Like the videos and have been inspired to do more. Got the Ham it up on order and have been doing basic stuff with SDR -- FM and aircraft tracking
chrisellsworth

Post by chrisellsworth »

Hi Eric,

I am new to HAM and have been following your posts. Thanks for all the great info. I just got a UV-5RE Plus and am getting my technicians license. I plan on getting the nooelec SDR and up converter to play with SDRSharp (I am a C# developer). Please sign me up for the drawing!

Thanks,

Chris
wiltec

Post by wiltec »

just starting to learn about SDR, looks interesting and want to get started... ham for 30+ years
Kybosshog

Post by Kybosshog »

Just ordered mine today, can't wait. I am not entering the contest, I just wanted to say "hello" and see what fun stuff this little thing can do. I'll be back with some cool homemade junk picks of all types of stuff. I made a stand for my UV-5RE with mic from a old coffee pot handle,old HD case and a pill bottle. I started taking stuff apart around 1983 with my tonker truckers got the scars to prove it haven't stop since.
ImageImageImage